Fantasy / SciFi Movie Newsticker (Sammelthread)

• Denke so ein Sammelthread macht ev. mehr Sinn ;)

News:

Predator neu aufgelegt durch Robert Rodriguez?

Neues Remake: He-Man

Zitat

According to my sources, one of my favorite projects got itself a director. Supposedly, Kung Fu Panda director John Stevenson went in to the Silver offices, came in and did this killer take on He-man and the Masters of the Universe and got himself the job!

Apparently, the He-Man movie is not dead after all. I hear Stevenson's presenation razzle dazzled the execs.

I honestly don't know how I feel about the guy because I never saw Kung Fu Panda. On one hand, I'm excited that the project is still active, on the other I'm not really sure if Stevenson is the right choice.

NARNIA: Fox springt für Disney ein

Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall) talks War of the Gods

Zitat

“War of Gods” deals with “battles waged by Theseus, a warrior from Greek mythology, who leads a fight against the imprisoned titans… unlike some mythological tales, gods fight alongside mortals.

Scott Derrickson (The Day the Earth Stood Still) will direct Dan Simmons "Hyperion"

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Superbowl Trailer)

Carpenter's Meisterwerk The Thing kriegt ein Prequel

Zitat

Fans of director John Carpenter's horror movie The Thing are in for a treat - plans are afoot for a prequel. Studio bosses at Universal have revealed they are working on a new movie with screenwriter Ronald D. Moore, the man behind the relaunch of sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica, to explain how the shape-shifting alien came to be discovered.

The project will be helmed by filmmaker Matthijs Van Heijningen, according to Variety.

Abrams Star Trek (Superbowl Trailer)

Red Dwarf kehrt zurück

Aronofsky talks about his Robocop Reboot

IMAGI Animation Studio Shutting Down ‘Astro Boy’ Production

• News:

Trailer GOEMON (Vom Regisseur von Casshern)

Teaser für "The Legend of Kamui"

BLACK HAWK DOWN scribe to take the reigns on Jake Gyllenhaal's Untitled Moon-based Sci-Fi flick!

Zitat

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. So this sci-fi flick, as yet untitled, has been circling for a bit with Jake Gyllenhaal attached. Doug Liman is directing and co-wrote the original draft with I LOVE YOU, MAN's John Hamburg for Paramount. Now Ken Nolan, who scripted BLACK HAWK DOWN and the in-development-hell ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake, is taking a stab at the material. Hollywood Reporter has the story.

The only thing I know about the flick is that it's an action film about lunar colonization. I'm sure it'll be big budget spectacle entertainment, but hopefully Nolan can bring some of the character-driven tension over from his BLACK HAWK DOWN work.

Tokyo! Triptych Trailer / Poster and Photos online

Shrek Spinoff Puss in Boots In The Works

Donnie Darko Sequel Will See The Light Of Day

Schon etwas älter:
    Apocalypse Later: Asimov’s ‘Foundation’ to Become a Movie

Zitat

Fans of Isaac Asimov still haunted by the film adaptation of “I, Robot” will get their chance to wipe it from their memory banks: a movie version of Asimov’s “Foundation” novels is in the works, Variety reported. On Thursday, Columbia Pictures won a three-way auction for film rights to Asimov’s science-fiction epic, whose first volume concerns a mathematician put on trial after predicting the collapse of his civilization. Columbia, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment, beat Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox for the rights. The studio plans to develop the film for Roland Emmerich, the director of the cataclysmic sci-fi movies “Independence Day” and “The Day After Tomorrow.” Financial terms were not disclosed, and a release date for the film was not announced.

English Trailers For Pater Sparrow’s Adaptation Of Stanislaw Lem’s 1!

Zitat

Oh, it’s going to be a good year for fans of serious science fiction with adaptations of not one but two works by iconic author Stanislaw Lem - the man who penned Solaris. First out of the gate will be Pater Sparrow’s Hungarian adaptation of Lem’s 1. We first caught wind of this back in October and have been keeping an eye on the official website ever since. And today we were rewarded when the site finally fully launched - including English an English subtitled teaser and trailer for the film.

A bookshop renowned for its rare works is mysteriously and completely filled with copies of a book entitled 1, which doesn’t appear to have a publisher or author. The strange almanac describes what happens to the whole of humanity in the space of a minute. A police investigation begins and the bookshop staff are placed in solitary confinement by the Bureau for Paranormal Research (RDI Reality Defense Institute). As the investigation progresses, the situation becomes more complex and the book increasingly well known, raising numerous controversies (political, scientific, religious and artistic). Plagued by doubts, the protagonist has to face facts: reality only exists in the imagination of individuals.

Official Site for Fantasy Epic EMPIRES OF THE DEEP

Zitat

I'm surprise we didn’t caught wind of this piece of news sooner when it was announced last year but no more. Not content to allow Hollywood have all the fun, China is shelling out a $100 million US budget to produce its own heavy CG effects spectacle in Empires of the Deep (previously entitled Mermaid Island), an underwater fantasy adventure that will feature a world of mermaids, giants, mage and more different sea creatures. Its a US/China joint project so the production will employ talents from both Hollywood and China. While I’m not entirely sold on Pitof of Catwoman fame (or should I say lame) as the director but his extensive background in visual effects does have its merit and the possible casting of the goddess that is Monica Bellucci as the mermaid queen is enough for me to dive in.

The ambitious film is due out in 2010. Explore the official site to find some character designs/concept art and CG rendering of the sea creatures at the Behind the Scenes section.

• The Legend of Kamui... hmm. Ist das die Realverfilmung der Clamp Mangas "X" ? Ich hab die Mangas eine zeitang gelesen und sie dann irgendwann aus den Augen verloren. Es gab dann noch einen Anime in Filmlänge, den fand ich nicht schlecht. Aber als Realverfilmung kann ich mir das gerade so gar nicht vorstellen. Ich lass mich einfach mal überraschen. :D

• Zitat

Original von moyashi
    Wieso müssen die auch immer alle gleich heißen. :nasehoch:

Wobei "Gleich" mMn ein ziemlich blöder Name ist ... :nixweiss:

She struggled ever closer, her breath sleeting out in crackling plumes that sank down in sparkling ice crystals. It reminded her of her youth, the nights out on the tundra, when the first snows came, when clouds shivered and shed their diamond skins and the world grew so still, so breathless and perfect, that she felt that time itself was but moments from freezing solid – to hold her for ever in that place, hold her youth, hold tight her dreams and ambitions, her memories of the faces she loved – her mother, her father, her kin, her lovers. No one would grow old, no one would die and fall away from the path, and the path itself, why, it would never end.

• Und um sich für den "blöden Namen" zu rächen, muss man als guter Gleich dann Werke mit so gelungenen Titeln wie "Dagobert von Greifenstein, oder: Das Todtengericht um Mitternacht in den unterirdischen Schauerklüften der Burgfeste Theben in Ungarn" verfassen? :eek2: Das scheint wirklich ein gefährlicher Name zu sein...

• Zitat

Original von gero
    Wobei "Gleich" mMn ein ziemlich blöder Name ist ... :nixweiss:

Wieso denn?

Zitat

Original von J.R.R. Marengo
    Das Böse ist zurückgekehrt in die Gemäuer von Burg Gleichenstein, welche die Vergleichbaren Völker für ewig verlassen hielten. Von dort schickt der finstere Lord Gleich seine Schwarzen Boten übers Land. Doch sogleich sammelt sich eine kleine Gruppe von Helden, um die Pläne des Bösen zu vereiteln. Wird es den Gefährten gelingen, dem dunklen Lord den Ring von Allagorganon abzujagen? Band I der packenden Trilogie Die Chroniken von Gleichenstein.

"Ohne den Hauch eines Zweifels die beste epische Fantasy, die jemals geschrieben werden wird!" - Marion Zimmer Bradley (R.I.P.)

• Zitat

Original von Wulfila
    Ob Burg Gleichenstein auch über die oben erwähnten Schauerklüfte verfügt? ;)

Klar. Irgendwo muss der Ring von Allagorganon ja reingeschmissen werden. :nixweiss:

• Gute Drachen sind nunmal rar. Das wusste schon der gute alte John Ronald Reuel ... :nixweiss:

She struggled ever closer, her breath sleeting out in crackling plumes that sank down in sparkling ice crystals. It reminded her of her youth, the nights out on the tundra, when the first snows came, when clouds shivered and shed their diamond skins and the world grew so still, so breathless and perfect, that she felt that time itself was but moments from freezing solid – to hold her for ever in that place, hold her youth, hold tight her dreams and ambitions, her memories of the faces she loved – her mother, her father, her kin, her lovers. No one would grow old, no one would die and fall away from the path, and the path itself, why, it would never end.

• Wie wahr, wie wahr! :D

Bond Director Martin Campbell in for 'Green Lantern'?

Warner Bros Wants Seven Batman Movies

EXCLUSIVE: Pinhead Reborn (Clive Barker's Hellraiser Remake)

[URL=http://www.avclub.com/articles/henry-selick,23298/]AV Club interview mit Henry Selick (Coraline)[/URL]

Film Version of The Road with King Aragorn

Concept art for the unfinished Alien III Movie

Orlando Bloom to star in 'The Cross'

THOR Movie Update “Branagh gets it!”

Comic Book ‘Freemind’ gets the Big-Screen Treatment

• Peter Dinklage To Play Tyrion In HBO’s SONG OF ICE AND FIRE??

-> Hier sein IMDB Profil
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/

• OUTLANDER team to tackle the living dead for comic adaptation ZMD: ZOMBIES OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Zitat

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a little tidbit about an upcoming zombie movie. We like zombies right? I know the comic book industry REALLY seems to love zombies (it's all Robert Kirkman's fault), but I can't say I've read RED 5's ZMD: ZOMBIES OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

But I know it exists because Benderspink just hired Dirk Blackman and Howard McCain to write the adaption (So Says Hollywood Reporter). The two recently wrote the third UNDERWORLD picture and also created and executed OUTLANDER, which for some reason I couldn't see at my local cinema. Thanks Bob and Harvey.

Sounds like a fine premise... US drops zombies engineered to dissolve at daybreak into war zones, letting them eat at will... and things go wrong. Could make for a good flick if the movie's done right. What do you folks think?

Brett Ratner boards 'Youngblood'

Dr Manhattan & Others chime in on WATCHMEN Footage from NYCC!

::::> ACHTUNG SPOILER

Cate Blanchett to Play Maid Marian? Source: The Telegraph February 8, 2009

Zitat

UK's The Telegraph talked to actor Mark Strong about who may be taking over the role of Maid Marian in director Ridley Scott's Nottingham now that Sienna Miller is out.

"I think Cate Blanchett is set to take the Maid Marian part," said Strong, who is expected to play Sir Guy of Gisbourne. "She is a wonderful actress and it would make it a much classier film if she was in it," he is quoted as saying.

Russell Crowe toplines the film, written by Brian Helgeland and targeted for a 2010 release.

New trailer for the upcoming Alex Proyas‘ sci-fi thriller “Knowing” has been released.

Zitat

In 1958, as part of the dedication ceremony for a new elementary school, a group of students is asked to draw pictures to be stored in a time capsule. But one of the students, a mysterious girl who seems to hear whispered voices, fills her sheet of paper with rows of apparently random numbers instead.

Fast forward 50 years to the present: A new generation of students examines the contents of the time capsule and the girl’s cryptic message ends up in the hands of young Caleb Myles. But it is Caleb’s father, professor Ted Myles (Nicolas Cage), who makes the startling discovery that the encoded message predicts with pinpoint accuracy the dates, death tolls and coordinates of every major disaster of the past 50 years.As Ted further unravels the document’s secrets, he realizes it foretells three additional events-the last of which hints at destruction on a global scale and seems to somehow involve Ted and his son.

Alex Proyas is director and co-writer of “Knowing” which stars Nicolas Cage, Rose Byrne, Chandler Canterbury and Ben Mendelsohn.
    “Knowing” is scheduled to hit theaters on March 20th, 2009.
    For more movie info, photos, posters and trailers go to “Knowing” FF Movie Page

First Teaser Arrives For Tarik Saleh’s Stunning Animated Feature METROPIA! Posted by Todd Brown at 7:31pm.

Zitat

METROPIA is taking place in a not-so-distant, terrifying Europe. The world is running out of oil and the net of undergrounds has been connected, creating a gigantic web underneath Europe. Roger from Farsta (a suburb of Stockholm) tries to stay away from the underground. He thinks it’s unpleasant and he sometimes hear strange voices in is head.

One day Roger finds out that his life is controlled in every detail. He tries to break free. To succeed he needs super-model Nina to help him. Or is it maybe Nina that needs Roger?

Tarik Saleh’s Kafka-esque animated feature Metropia - featuring the voices of Vincent Gallo and Juliette Lewis - is one that we’ve been following in these pages for quite some time now, drawn in initially by the premise before being fully intrigued by the unique animation style. And now our watching and waiting has been rewarded: the first proper teaser has just arrived, it’s looking absolutely stellar, and we’ve got it below the break.

• Big Rumor about The Wachowski’s Directing the SUPERMAN Reboot
    LINK

Ob der Hitzeblick in Bullet Time auch so schön zur Geltung kommt? Welche Wirkung Lois Lane wohl in hautengen Leder entfalten mag? :D

John Malkovich Vs. Josh Brolin in JONAH HEX
    LINK

Zitat

I love that John Malkovich has been cast in Warners Bros adaptation of the DC comic book ‘Jonah Hex’. When you can get this guy on board you know you have a decent project shaping up. The guy is just an incredible actor and it should be really fun to see him play the character they have cast him to play. Malkovich will play a wealthy Southern plantation owner by the name of Quentin Turnbull, who’s son is killed by Union soldiers during the Cilvil War. The character blames Jonah Hex for his sons death and obviously wants hex dead. Hex who will be played by Josh Brolin is a soldier turned hardened bounty hunter and gunslinger.

The film is being directed by Jimmy Hayward who helmed ‘Horton Hears a Who’ and the script was written by Mark Neveldine and Brain Taylor who wrote and directed ‘Crank’ and ‘Crank 2′. They were once attached to direct Jonah Hex but things didn’t work out due to creative differences which is kind of weird because they did write the script.

I am a huge fan of westerns and I am really looking forward to see how Jonah Hex shapes up. They seem to be on top of things so far.

Jonah Hex sagt mir persönlich nichts.

Christopher Nolan has his next film lined up and it’s not Batman 3
    LINK

Nolan & Sci Fi Action klingt nach einer interessanten Konstellation. :tschaka: Auf AICN wird noch erwähnt, das wohl insbesondere die Architektur auch im Vordergrund stehen soll.

FULL TRAILER: Angels & Demons
    LINK

Zitat

I love when the Illuminati come out for revenge! This is a great little action packed and exciting trailer Sony has spliced together for ‘Angels & Demons‘ It looks so much better than ‘The Da Vinci Code’ which is a film I was very disappointed with. I think the story for this next film is also so much more interesting. I’m looking forward to it.

Based upon the bestselling novel by Dan Brown. Tom Hanks reprises his role as Harvard religious expert Robert Langdon, who once again finds that forces with ancient roots are willing to stop at nothing, even murder, to advance their goals. Ron Howard again directs the film, which is produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, and John Calley. The screenplay is by David Koepp and Akiva Goldsman.

When Langdon discovers evidence of the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati - the most powerful underground organization in history - he also faces a deadly threat to the existence of the secret organization’s most despised enemy: the Catholic Church. When Langdon learns that the clock is ticking on an unstoppable Illuminati time bomb, he jets to Rome, where he joins forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and enigmatic Italian scientist. Embarking on a nonstop, action-packed hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even to the heart of the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra will follow a 400-year-old trail of ancient symbols that mark the Vatican’s only hope for survival

Film Clip for Alex Proyas’ KNOWING
    LINK

Zitat

We have the first film clip from Alex Proyas next film starring Nicholas Cage ‘Knowing‘. The clip is titled ‘Subway’ for the fact that Nicholas Cage runs down into the subway and onto a train to warn people that something bad is about to happen. Of course no one listens and chaos ensues.

I am really looking forward to this movie, I am a big fan of Alex Proyas’ work, he knows how to tell a good story. As for Nic Cage being in the movie, the guy has obviously had his hits and misses. There is a good actor in him, it just takes the right story and director to bring it out. He still has yet to top his performance in ‘Raising Arizona’. Check out the ‘Knowing’ film clip below and let us know what you think.

Justin Marks Rewriting 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    LINK

Interview: Knowing Director Alex Proyas
    LINK