Fantasy / SciFi Movie Newsticker (Sammelthread)

• Zitat

Original von Solothores
    Donnie Darko 2 Trailer

Stephen Fry Confirms His Turn as The Cheshire Cat in Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland
    LINK

Steven Fry und Tim Burton???? Das könnte wirklich klasse werden! 8o

Donny Darko 2? Der erste Teil ist schon so komplex, da kann eine Fortsetzung doch eigentlich nur Mist sein. :nixweiss:

• Glaube die Fortsetzung ist wohl auch ziemlicher Mist, da macht sich niemand mehr falsche Hoffnungen. :D Aber ist auch nicht wirklich verwunderlich, da, wenn ich mich recht entsinne, niemand vom ersten Donnie Darko mit der Fortsetzung zu tun hat.

• Er ist gestorben - ja, aber leidtragende soll so weit ich weiss seine Schwester sein, die dann auch zufällig noch irgendwo irgendwen auftut der mit den selben Problemen wie sie zu kämpfen hat und sich dann quasi als bösling sondersgleichen herausstellt (also wie gero auf Kaffeeentzug ;) ).

• Iron Man 2 Produktion steht wohl derzeit unter keinem guten Stern
    LINK

• Der nächste Superman doch wieder mit Singer als Director?

Via Supermanhomepage.com:

Hier auch mit Links und Kommentaren

• Terminator Salvation: Warner Bros Wants PG-13 Edits, McG is Fighting For His R-Rated Vision
    LINK

Zitat

When production first began on Terminator Salvation, rumors began to circulate that Warner Bros wanted the film to be PG-13. At Comic-Con last year, McG assured fans in attendance that he is under no pressure to deliver a PG-13 rating. Referring to the studio executives for this film, McG explained “I’ve been given their blessing to make the picture…and if it’s a rated R picture, then that’s that.” He elaborated that he’s not against the idea of a PG-13 rating, but that the ultimate rating will depend completely upon what the final vision for the film is. When I was on the film set, McG showed us a reel of early footage from the film. One of the clips included Moon Bloodgood topless in the rain, which to me, confirmed that McG wasn’t lying.

Today at WonderCon, McG made a point to mention that Warner Bros wants him to cut out the topless footage from the film. He insisted that he thinks that it should remain in the released feature film, citing that Bloodgood’s character is partly a homage to James Cameron’s Sarah Connor — a strong yet beautiful woman. McG polled the audience, asking if they wanted to see the scene in the final film, which got the response that you might expect from an overwhelmingly male comic convention crowd. Having seen the footage myself, not in the context of the film or even scene, I will say this - it was beautifully and tastefully shot. I’m not sure if it furthers the story along (as I said, I did not see the shot in the context of the full scene), but it didn’t seem gratuitous at all.

It seems to me that the only reason that Warner Bros would want the scene cut from the film is if they want a PG-13 cut of the film. There is no other possible reason. McG publicly called out the name of the Warner Bros executive that is pushing for the removal of the shot in question, and made it clear that he would like to keep the shot in. And while McG didn’t flat out say that he wants to fight for a R-Rating, that’s how it came across to me and most everyone in the convention hall. And making a public statement is a strong message to the movie studio producing the film. McG’s vision is evidently R-Rated after all, but will the film be edited down for a more marketable (potentially more profitable) PG-13 rating?

A Look at the JJ Abrams/Brett Ratner Superman Movie That Never Was
    LINK

Zitat

In 2002, JJ Abrams wrote a script which was supposed to be the first film in a trilogy of Superman movies. Aint It Cool once wrote that the script read “like it’ll cost $400 million” and involved sequences featuring “air combat between five superpowered Kryptonians and fighter jets from 24 nations. Kryptonite missiles. Ass-kickin’ on a level we’ve never seen before on film.” A post-Matrix film project where Superman flies through the air fighting a villain using super-powered martial arts.

Over 30 pages of superfights, more action than 20 of Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns. Superman dies but returns from the dead, and the mind-numbingly horrible reveal that Lex Luthor is actually a second son of Krypton, and also has superpowers. A disaster. Brett Ratner was attached to direct, but the project eventually fell into development hell.

Apparently the project got far enough into development that illustrator Phil Saunders was creating concept art for the project for four months. Recently Saunders released a random image from the failed project on his blog, showing Superman facing off against a Kryptonian Battle Pod called a Rouser in Gotham City (yes, Gotham City). Saunders explained that Production Designer Owen Patterson wanted a straight one-point perspective view “so you could compare scale.”

Drew Barrymore in Talks to Direct The Twilight Saga’s Eclipse
    LINK

Zitat

When it was revealed that Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke would not be returning to helm The Twilight Saga’s New Moon, people were up in arms that Summit Entertainment was going to replace her with a male director (which came to pass). The theory is that the Twilight series is a great opportunity for female directors since the source material is targeted towards women. Also, replacing the highest grossing female director in history after the series became a success seems like a really bad political move.

Now Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Drew Barrymore is one of “a select group of directors” in talks to helm the third film in the series, The Twilight Saga’s Eclipse. I’m not sure what to think of this considering we still haven’t seen Barrymore’s directorial debut Whip It!, but the actress turned director has made some interesting (Donnie Darko) and scary (Duplex) choices with her production company Flower Films. I do like the idea of Summit giving some women filmmakers a chance, because Hollywood’s director’s club is a sausage-fest. Too bad it has to be a project that will most likely be critically slammed.

First Look: The Book of Eli
    LINK

Zitat

Warner Bros has released the first photo from The Hughes Brothers adaptation of The Book of Eli in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly. In this post-apocalyptic western, Denzel Washington stars as the title character, a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind. Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, Ray Stevenson and Jennifer Beals co-star. The Book of Eli hits theaters on January 15th 2010.

Gimme Remakes: Total Recall Recalled Back to Theaters
    LINK

(And Of Course) The NeverEnding Story Gets a Remake
    LINK

Zitat

We may have solved what “The Nothing” is once and for all: why, it’s the insatiable trend of Hollywood remakes. The sparkly 1984 children’s fantasy film, The NeverEnding Story, has been dusted off at Warner Bros. though screenwriters and a director are not currently attached. Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way has taken interest in the material. The original film was adapted by director Wolfgang Petersen from the German fantasy novel, Die unendliche Geschichte, and is best remembered for a weird, snow white dog-dragon named Falkor that is ridden upon by a warrior boy (as seen above) through many a bong cloud.

According to the trades, the remake will will “examine the more nuanced details of the book that were glossed over in the first pic.” Which, I guess translates into attempting to actually fulfilling the franchise’s title this time around. A theatrical sequel to the original film was directed by George Trumbull Miller (Cybermutt) and released in 1990—you may recall all the jokes that resulted—but didn’t fare so well at the box office. 1994 saw yet another sequel but it wasn’t released stateside until two years after it originally hit Germany.

Some of the dudes at Film School Rejects seem to be getting huffy about the announcement on Twitter—there’s talk about kicking kittens—but I’m not picking this battle, especially considering that we all got nailed with a twofer tonight. (See the next post.) However, if you are so inclined to drive off a cliff, why not purchase the Neverending Story party van that we featured last week? I haven’t been mildy obsessed with these movies since I was extremely obsessed with Labyrinth-era David Bowie and M.C. Escher’s artworks i.e. a long time ago. However, there were epic stakes, epic scale and an anything goes play on imagination and special effects that we don’t see much from children’s films anymore. And that giant rock dude who rocked.

Zack Snyder Talks About Adapting The Dark Knight Returns
    LINK

Sam Jackson Signs Up For NINE MORE Appearances as Nick Fury
    LINK

J.J. Abrams Talks about a CLOVERFIELD Sequel
    LINK

Zitat

As you know WonderCon is going on up in the San Francisco right now there their is a lot of geek talk going on up their about a lot of geeky things. It was during the Star Trek panel that J.J. Abrams was asked what is going on with the ‘Cloverfield’ sequel. I personally didn’t care for the first movie, it was just annoying to me. The bad acting, and the shaking camera that made me sick didn’t go over very well for me. I liked the monster idea, but thought it was executed poorly. I get a lot of crap from people regarding my stance on the movie but what can I do? It had a couple good moments. But regardless of what I think a sequel is on its way and here is what J.J. Abrams had to say about it.

“We’re actually working on an idea right now. The key obviously at doing any kind of sequel, certainly this film included, is that it better not be a business decision. If you’re going to do something, it should be because you’re really inspired to do it. It doesn’t really have to mean anything, doesn’t mean it will work, but it means we did it because we cared, not because we thought we could get the bucks. We have an idea that we thought was pretty cool that we’re playing with, which means there will be something that’s connected to ‘Cloverfield,’ but I hope it happens sooner than later because the idea is pretty sweet.”

What a great response! In the end isn’t that what making movies is supposed to be about? Having fun, and doing something you love because you think it’s a cool idea. It doesn’t matter whether people like the movie or not, it all comes down to is if the filmmakers believe in their project.

ROBIN HOOD Russell Crowe says it will be the Best Robin Hood Movie ever

LINK

• Very freaky Images form Guillermo Dell Toro’s SPLICE film

LINK

Zitat

This movie looks crazy! ‘Splice’ is a sci-fi thriller that was Produced by Guillermo Del Toro and directed by Vincenzo Natali who also direct the movie ‘Cube’. The Movie stars Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley, Delphine Chaneac, David Hewlett and Brandon McGibbon. After seeing the below images thanks to Bloody-disgusting, I’m sold. This thing looks like a crazy ass nightmare.

The film is about Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism. Named Dren, the creature rapidly develops from a deformed female infant into a beautiful but dangerous winged human-chimera, who forges a bond with both of her creators - only to have that bond turn deadly.

Joss Whedon on why DC Superhero Movies don’t work
    LINK

IRON MAN 2 Starts Shooting in April & THOR gets a release date
    LINK

Ghostbusters 3 hopes to shoot Fall of 2009

LINK

Zitat

Awesome! I am all for another ‘Ghostbusters’ movie, under a couple conditions, the original cast needs to play a part in it, and it has to be better than the sequel. I really liked the sequel, but it wasn’t as good as the first one. The last thing we heard about ‘Ghostbusters 3′ is that everyone was on board and excited to do it which was great! TV show ‘The Office’ writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitski had teamed up with Harold Ramis to write the script after he got pissed they were writing it without him. Since then we have not heard much about what has been going on. Then Dan Aykroyd appeared out of nowhere in Boston for the opening of a new House of Blues venue, and this is what he told reporters which is an exact quote from the Boston Globe

“hope to be in production by late fall 2009″.

Very cool! I also hope they start shooting in 2009! Hope is a powerful thing and if we get enough people hoping for this thing it may actually happen. I understand that hope doesn’t mean this is for sure, but it does mean they are working on things and they have a plan, and just knowing there is a plan is good enough for me. I just hope they don’t screw it up.

Next 'Narnia' writer tapped
    LINK

2nd INK Trailer
    LINK

Alex Proyas On Knowing And Two New Clips
    LINK

Big Man Japan Trailer
    LINK

:naughty:

Guillermo del Toro To Adapt The Count of Monte Cristo?
    LINK

Etwas für Gerd :D

Exclusive: A Look At The Conan Script Featurette
    LINK

• A song of Ice and Fire HBO Series to start filming in October
    LINK

Schön wieder mal einer Fantasy-Serie zu begegnen, die nicht in Neuseeland gedreht wird

New Star Trek Trailer
    LINK

:jipii:

A New Doctor Deserves A New Tardis
    LINK

Zitat

When Matt Smith takes over as the BBC's favorite Time Lord next year, he won't be the only new look on an old favorite; rumors are surfacing that the Tardis is also getting a redesign.

British newspaper the Daily Mirror is reporting that the interior of Doctor Who's home will be given "a radical new look" when the show returns for its fifth season in 2010. The decision was, according to the paper, made by incoming showrunner Stephen Moffat, in part to make sure that the time machine will look good in high-definition.

An anonymous source told the paper that the new look will be "the most hitech, intricate Tardis ever," which makes me a little nervous. The Tardis... high tech? I kind of liked the steampunk chic of the Russell T. Davies era, myself...

Neuer Terminator Salvation Trailer
    LINK

/Film Gets a New Blogger - Director Alex Proyas
    LINK

Megan Fox Cast in Jonah Hex and Fathom
    LINK

Zitat

Megan Fox has been cast in Warner Bros’ adaptation of Jonah Hex and Fox Atomic’s adaptation of Fathom.

Directed by former Pixar animator Jimmy Hayward, Jonah Hex tells the story of a former alcoholic and confederate soldier (played by Josh Brolin) turned supernatural loner and gunslinger. The comic book was introduced in the 1970’s, created by writer John Albano and artist Tony DeZuniga, the character received his signature scar at the hands of Indians who placed a hot tomahawk to his face. His mother was a prostitute and his dad sold him into slavery. Fox will play Leila, Jonah’s beautiful gun-wielding love interest. John Malkovich plays the film’s villain, a voodoo practitioner who wants to raise an army of undead to liberate the South. The film is scheduled to begin production in April, with an announced release date of August 6th 2010.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/…rground-street-marketing/
    LINK

Zitat

The words “Who Watches The Watchmen?” have begun to appear spray-painted on walls around New York City. There is no evidence that Warner Bros is paying underground street marketing teams to tag the catchphrase around the city. It is possible that renegade vandals are to blame, but I would find that hard to believe that they just decided to start tagging the city with this text the same week of the film’s release. Photos above via: davesbu, kellan, kellerkeller, and bonerjamz. More after the jump.

McG Wants Robert Patrick for Terminator 5
    LINK

Alfred Molina Cast in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
    LINK

Zitat

I have just gotten word that Walt Disney Pictures has cast Alfred Molina in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Nicolas Cage stars in a modern-day, New York City-set adaptation of the classic story from Fantasia. Jay Baruchel stars as Cage’s Apprentice, who gets into trouble when the broomstick he’s tasked to do his chores while the Sorcerer is away somehow develops a mind of its own. Molina will play an evil sorcerer.

Jon Turteltaub reteams with his National Treasure star. Molina just finished another Bruckheimer production, a big epic video game adaptation Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Teresa Palmer is also on board to play Baruchel’s love interest. Last I heard, the production was gearing up to shoot in New York City later this month.

Tron 2.0 Plot Details
    LINK

Zitat

AICN has gotten new details on TRON 2.0. According to a “reliable tipster” the story takes place 25 years after the original film. Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) has disappeared after creating some of the world’s top selling game of all time and fathering a son. ENCOM head Alan Bradley (Bruce Boxleitner) presents twenty-something-year-old Sean Flynn (possibly Garrett Hedlund?) with information that propels him on a journey to find his long lost father.

Sucked into the game, Sean is taken in by a group/program called ISOs that believe he will free them from the belligerence of a CLU character that his father created and has gone corrupt. The character looks like a younger version of Flynn (we saw him at the end of the Comic Con test footage/trailer). There’s supposedly a huge disc battle and a light cycle versus light jet duel, with both the cycle and the jet creating light walls.

I just wonder why the original Flynn is trapped inside the computer, and why he hasn’t come to the aid of the ISOs. It sounds kinda like The Matrix, but if Neo had decided that he wasn’t the one, and just went into hiding in the computer world and let Agent Smith take over. Sounds like a cool premise, and the source claims that Bridges is “embracing it”, “going all out for this role”, and that “fans will go gaa gaa.” I can’t wait.

UP Disney Movie Trailer 2
    LINK

Zitat

Hey Gang! A new trailer for Disney Pixars ‘UP’ has popped up online today and it s looking like we got ourselves another Pixar animated classic. This new full length trailer takes us a little deeper into what this movie is about and introduces us to a couple new characters like Dug the Dog who has a dog translating collar, and the villain of the movie who is named Muntz which looks like he was patterned after Kirk Douglas.

HARRY POTTER 6 gets an even newer Trailer
    LINK

MAD MAX Going Animated for Film number 4!?

LINK

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE Full Movie trailer w/Deadpool Screen Shots

LINK

PANDORUM Sci-Fi Teaser Trailer

LINK

Zitat

Pandorum looks like it is going to be a pretty decent sci-fi horror film. I am a big fan of these kinds of movies. You know the kind where people are floating around in space living a a claustrophobic spaceship when all of a sudden everything that can possibly go wrong does. Like ‘Alien’, ‘Event Horizon’, and ‘Sunshine’. This new movie looks pretty awesome and it has a nice cast with Dennis Quiad and Ben Foster. I’m looking forward to watching this one.

Two crewmen awaken from hyper-sleep aboard a spacecraft. None of their equipment is working, and their memories are incomplete. What was their mission? How much time has passed? Where are they? As they try to piece things together, they discover they are not alone, and the ship’s new inhabitants - tribal warriors carrying crudely made weapons - are moving among them, intent on killing all aboard. As the space travelers unravel the frightening and deadly secrets the ship harbors, they realize the survival of mankind hinges on their actions. They must regain control of the ship before Pandorum takes over.

Keira Knightley to star in Sci-Fi film ‘Never Let Me Go’
    LINK

• :yes:

Aber hoffentlich bleibt zwischen all der (Weltraum-)Action auch ein wenig Raum für Handlung und Charaktere.

From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying.

• Tja, ich hatte gestern bei der Trailer-Show generell ein wenig das Gefühl, daß man von Seiten der Filmemacher immer noch der Ansicht nachhängt, Schauwerte (Autos, Explosionen, Stunts, Flugzeuge, Apokalypse) würden genug transportieren und der Rest sei Nebensache. Wäre schön, wenn sie sich endlich mal genug auf der Spielwiese der neuesten Tricktechnik ausgetobt hätten und ein bißchen weitergucken würden, wie man aus den schönen Möglichkeiten dann auch Kunst macht.

• Jetzt wirds kurios, per Mail werden Investoren für die Realverfilmung vom letzten Einhorn gesucht:

• Ganz ehrlich - die Firma, von der Newsletter kommt und die Beagle irgendwie inzwischen vertritt, ist sehr, sehr seltsam. Wenn du dir das Geeier mit dem Hörbuch zum letzten Einhorn anschaust (auf dessen Auslieferung warten die Kunden - die schon bezahlt haben - seit 2005, glaube ich) ... ich weiß nicht, ob die mit Geld umgehen können, und wenn ja, ob es im Sinne der Kunden getan wird.
    Ich kratze mich bei jedem neuen Newsletter von denen am Kopf. Ich glaube sofort, daß Beagle nicht zu den Superreichen gehört und in finanzielle Probleme geraten ist, aber was die abziehen und was die alles nach und nach versilbert haben, ohne dann in die Pötte zu kommen, scheint mir alles nicht ganz koscher. :nixweiss: